My classic loaded veg bowl with an extra vitamin and flavor punch. Recipe below!
*note: this recipe is in partnership with ZENB*
you guys know i’m a veg head, and if you didn’t…the more you know. that’s why i’m loving these ZENB Veggie Bites and Sticks. they’re a unique and fun way to get more veggies into your day, plus super easy to toss in your bag on your way out the door. until we can leave the house again, i’ll be adding the bites to my daily loaded veg bowls for an extra burst of fiber and flavor. pictured here are the Summer Beet Bites! Try ZENB Sticks & Bites for ONLY $1.99 + s&h t&c apply
loaded veg bowl featuring ZENB recipe:
these loaded veg bowls are made up of the dishes i meal prep for the week! breaking down each component below.
- garlicky kale: massage one bunch of kale with 3 tbsp olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, lemon juice, 2 tbsp tahini for about five minutes!
- brown rice: cooked in my instant pot! rinse 2 cups of rice in water. then add to pot with 2 1/2 cups fresh water. pressure cook for 10 minutes on the rice setting, then slow release for another 10.
- steamed broccoli: steam 1 bunch of chopped broccoli in boiling water for about 6-7 minutes. drain, add to a large bowl, and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and sea salt.
- carrot/cauliflower/zucchini 1 tray bake: add chopped carrots, cauliflower florets, and zucchini to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil and sea salt. toss until well-combined. bake for 35-40 min at 350 or until golden browned.
- you can finish this bowl off with whatever you have on hand. i usually add avocado chunks, a scoop of hummus, or in this case, a hefty drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice!